D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or an NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
If selected, D-Prize will award you up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
- Global Health
- Governance and Infrastructure
Submit your concept note and resume(s).
April 2 – Early deadline
April 23 – Regular deadline
May 14 – Extension deadline (sign up required)
Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10-page proposal. You will have four weeks to submit.
Top entrepreneurs interview. Winners will receive up to $20,000 to launch. Final decisions expected by December.
Spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture and help millions of people.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
Who Should Apply?
- You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur.
- You are ready to launch your new venture, and if a pilot proves successful, you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
Click here to apply and for more information
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.