The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) aims to recognize some of the continent’s most innovative and impact driven entrepreneurs. Over the past 8 years, AAE has attracted over 7000 applications from different sectors including education, health care, transportation, energy, among others.
The awards aim to recognize Africa’s most talented entrepreneurs across 4 categories:
- Best Growing Business: high growth companies
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with significant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year: entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact oriented enterprises
- Only African companies are eligible for these awards. You will be required to provide proof that your core business operations are on the continent.
- A track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact.
- Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below.
- Applications must be filed by a single company representative.
- Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how your organisation invests in its employees as well as the values that drive it.
- Innovation: We are looking for companies that are providing creative and cutting edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers.
- Profitability: Your business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
- Long term Business Strategy: Your business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition.
- Social & Economic impact on communities: Your business should be adding value to its community. We are looking for companies that demonstrate commitment towards using their businesses for social impact.
How to Apply
The first step is to fill in the application form and upload your supporting documents online via the ALN Website. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application by the end of August. Shortlisted candidates will the interviewed by a panel of judges via Skype. Successful candidates will also be invited to attend the award ceremony in Mauritius.
Application Period: 22 June – 7 August 2017
To apply, click here.
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.