The Internet Freedom Forum (IFF) is an annual event hosted by Paradigm Initiative, a social enterprise that builds a technology support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth across Africa. IFF has become a reference point in Africa for conversations around Internet Freedom and convenes the best minds in civil society, academia, government and industry from across Africa. Delegates from over thirty African countries attended IFF 2017. IFF 2018 will be the sixth edition of the Forum. IFF 2018 will hold in Abuja, Nigeria from April 24 – 26 2018.
IFF 2018 FELLOWS
- Paradigm Initiative is seeking to sponsor Internet Freedom Forum Fellows to attend IFF 2018
- IFF 2018 Fellows must have an interest in Internet policy and must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Internet freedom issues in their countries.
- The sponsorship will include travel support, accommodation and meals.
- As part of the fellowship, fellows will be required to accomplish the following tasks:
- Give Country Updates on Internet Freedom in their respective countries at IFF 2018.
- Help with content translation for IFF 2018.
- Work with our Research team to produce Paradigm Initiative’s annual “Digital Rights in Africa Report 2018”.
- Monitor and report on Internet Freedom issues in their respective countries for the Fellowship period (One year).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and a 2-page report on the situation on Internet Freedom in your country of residence to [email protected] before November 30, 2017 by 12:00 PM (WAT).
- Only applications received by this deadline will be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2017 by 12:00 PM (WAT)
For More Information, click here.
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.