The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to help update and implement CTA’s social media strategy.
- Are you a passionate user of social media?
- Are you eager to explore new possibilities and new platforms?
- Are you able to convey engaging messages in 140 characters?
- Do you care about rural development and sustainable food security?
If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications.
National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean, and the Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline.
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Experience in social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or the Caribbean).
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
For more information, click here!
Application Deadline: June 10, 2017
Image Source: CTA
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.