The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa supported by Mobile Monday South Africa and Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF).
Last year saw an outstanding response with over 200 entries from 25 countries and 10 winners on the night celebrated from South Africa, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
The Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards celebrate the best in mobile and tech across Africa. Applications are welcome from mobile or technology ventures with services launched in at least one African market for the following 12 award categories:
- Disruptive Innovation Award – Business models are being disrupted across the continent using technology and innovation. This award seeks to recognize the disruptive innovations and new business models that are changing Africa.
- Best Social & Messaging Award – Life is busy, and keeping in touch with others is essential, this award recognizes any social or messaging services that help Africans in their daily routines, share experiences or help people network together.
- Best African App Award – This award recognizes the best applications successfully launched on any platform to target African consumers or businesses. Entries are welcome across all sectors and platforms.
- Enterprise Solution Award Africa – This award celebrates enterprise services across Africa. Entries welcome from innovative ventures and mobile services streamlining, improving and helping business across Africa.
- News & Entertainment Award – Mobile news and entertainment is now a burgeoning industry across Africa. This award seeks to recognize the best news and entertainment innovations. Examples include music, literary, gaming, children’s entertainment, lifestyle and video.
- Educational Award – Delivering education has many challenges in Africa. This award recognizes services which are striving to improve education by utilizing mobile or other technologies.
- Fintech Award – This award recognizes the best fintech innovation including digital currency, bitcoin, mobile money, wallets, P2P, money remittances & transfers, point of sale or funding platform.
- Social Impact Award – This award recognizes an inspiring use of technology that has a positive social impact for an African community while contributing to economic and social development.
- Brand Campaign Award – This award recognizes the best mobile campaigns from brands, companies, agencies or platforms that have excelled in utilizing mobile to drive awareness, interaction, impact or sales across Africa.
- mCommerce Award – This award is dedicated to celebrating the new wave of mobile commerce initiatives across Africa. Entrants might include online platforms, retail brands, portals, apps, classifieds, comparison sites and many more driving mobile commerce across Africa.
- Changing Africa Award – This award seeks to recognize the leading companies driving game changing initiatives across Africa for the masses. Entrants might include MNO’s, leading tech platforms, hardware providers, banks, connectivity providers, OEM’s or any tech company driving progress across multiple African countries in any sector.
- Outstanding Industry Achievement Award – This award seeks to recognize the leading individuals making major contributions to the development of the tech ecosystem across Africa. Nominations are expected from associates, representatives and peers of industry leaders from any sector driving the industry forward.
How much does it cost?
Entries will be charged $95 per category entered. Start-ups who are less than 18 months old will not be charged subject to approval and can contact us for a discount code. Enter Now
Confirming one of the sponsorship opportunities for the AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards 2017 will position your brand as a leader in innovation and technology in Africa among leading industry peers and other sponsors and partners from Africa and beyond. There are various sponsorship packages available, please contact us for more details.
Applications will be assessed by a team of expert judges who are selected based on their knowledge, influence and contribution to the improvement of technology and business in Africa.
The deadline for entries is September 11th, 2017.
Awards Final – November 2017
The Awards party returns to Cape Town on November 6th 2017, bringing together the mobile and tech community, enterprise, media, investors and innovators from across Africa for the third year.
For more information on how to apply, click here.