Power has always been the bane of Africa’s numerous problems, so if you have an idea on how to solve that, here’s an opportunity for you. The Africa Energy Ideas Competition is calling for early stage innovative business ideas aimed at the solution of Power problems across African communities. Some of the problems The Nigerian Energy Forum (NEF) 2017 competition hopes to solve is the challenge of electrifying the millions of households and communities spread across Africa by engaging young professionals to come up with sustainable, scalable and commercially viable solutions.
- The competition is open for young African professionals between the ages 18 – 35 to apply.
- Applications are to be submitted individually or by a team of up to three members. The teams can be formed across different schools, companies or countries, while individuals or teams may submit multiple applications.
The application should not exceed one side of an A4 page, including the following.
- Project Title
- Short Abstract (50 words)
- Problem Statement (50 words)
- Solution/Idea (250 words)
- Expected Impact (50 words)
- Similar project samples (50 words)
- Challenges (50 words)
The submissions are to be presented in Word or PDF format and should be sent by mail to email@example.com. The subject line should follow the format: [Country] Title of Project. Please note that submissions exceeding the word count are liable to be disqualified. Shortlisted submissions would be invited to participate in the final round with a full proposal and short 2-minute video.
The submissions will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Originality and Creativity
The deadline for submissions is the 20th of May 2017, while announcements of shortlisted submissions will be made on the 20th of June, 2017.
For more information you can check here.
Image source: Thoughleaders
Author: Toyosi Akinoso
Toyosi is the Content Manager and Editor for 234Finance.com