If you are a social entrepreneur who aims to combat poverty and protect the planet, apply to the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) accelerator program. Whether you are a for-profit, nonprofit, or hybrid enterprise, GSBI provide programs that are focused on your business model and tailored to your needs.
A rolling application process is maintained annually; meaning, once your application is received, you will be considered for the GSBI program that is the best fit for you. No need to apply more than once.
The GSBI Accelerator program is a 10-month, mentored program for established social entrepreneurs who are looking to scale their business. GSBI connects you with seasoned, executive mentors, GSBI “secret sauce”, who provides Silicon Valley principles and expertise.
This Program is for leaders of social enterprises that:
- Place equal or greater emphasis on social impact vs. financial return
- Serve the poor
- Addresses a problem that affects more than one million people worldwide
- Have a product or service with measurable social impact
Your enterprise should be:
- For profit or non-profit
- Social impact mission
- Operational for 3+ years
- Validated business model
- Proven technology, product, or service
- Preparing to scale impact
- Two Silicon Valley mentors
- Financial plan for scaling
- Organizational development
- Talent management
- Marketing strategy and execution
- Operational excellence at scale
- The program is offered at no cost to participating entrepreneurs
- Participants in the GSBI Accelerator are only expected to pay for a roundtrip airfare to San Jose or San Francisco, California for the August in-residence.
- Program staff time, in-residence meals and accommodations for the GSBI Accelerator program are all paid for through the fundraising efforts of the Miller Center.
- Participants in GSBI Online are completing the course remotely and require no travel.
Application deadline: October 20, 2017
To apply, click here.
Image Source: Miller Centre for Social Entrepreneurship
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.