The beginning of the 21st century has been marked by rapid advances in technological innovation. While new technology can generate jobs and increase labour productivity, it also creates job displacement and widens the skills gap. Today’s generation of young people now face a world in which nearly half of today’s jobs globally are at risk of becoming obsolete due to automation and technological advancement in the coming decades.
The Solve community aims to support innovative solutions to guarantee that disadvantaged young people under 24 years, are equipped with 21st century skills and prepared for the workforce of the future.
Apply to join a global collaboration: the Youth, Skills & the Workforce of the Future challenge. An initiative of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Solve initiative in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), and the Atlassian Foundation, the challenge seeks innovative ideas that will prepare young people for the workforce of the future.
There are three ways to get involved:
- Share this challenge with your networks, which may include potential applicants and experts interested in assisting applicants.
- Host a Solve-a-thon to encourage discussion and submission of solutions within your network.
- Apply to the challenge yourself.
The Australian Government will contribute up to AU$1.4 million in grant funding to the best ideas that will have impact in developing countries in the Indo-Pacific region. Applications that address the needs of women, girls and people with disabilities are encouraged.
- Atlassian Foundation International Seeks to Further “10 in 10” Mission with US$1 Million in Partnership Grants
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Indo-Pacific Development Prize
- The Arts and Culture Mentorship Prize Curated by Yo-Yo Ma, Cellist
The deadline for submission is August 1, 2017.
To apply, click here.
For more information, please contact Sara Monteabaro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.