LEAP Africa and Union Bank have partnered to develop the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) 2017 to strengthen and advance youth-led change initiatives and entrepreneurship in Nigeria through training and collaborative partnerships that enhance the sustainability and overall impact of these change initiatives.
SIP supports creative young Nigerians (Ages 18 – 35) with ideas and initiatives that proffer effective solutions to identified challenges in local communities across the country. These social innovators are highly innovative young Nigerians who are championing social enterprises and improving the lives of community members across the country. Their initiatives include inventing safe water recycling machines, using technology to curb maternal mortality, improving food storage for rural farmers and rural economic empowerment through waste recycling, among others.
SIP is a one-year fellowship which supports talented young change-makers whose ideas and initiatives offer effective and creative solutions to the challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Their initiatives cover many aspects of society such as Agriculture, Business and Economic Development, Education, Science and Technology, Health, Law and Human Rights, among others.
During the fellowship period, selected young leaders are equipped with the personal and organizational leadership skills, networking support, and advocacy needed to strengthen and expand the reach and depth of their projects within their target communities. These fellows will also join IYF’s global YouthActionNet® community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme.
- Youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Applicants must be initiators and co-founders of the named project, venture, enterprise or foundation.
- The social enterprise must be contributing positively to the lives of people in their local communities.
- The social enterprise must be located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of work done and impact, beyond 12 months prior to application.
- Access to professional level advisory from A-list consultants, investors and professionals that will help you create a profitable and sustainable structure for your business.
- Transformation of your business into an impact driven solution following a one-year fellowship.
- Access to LEAP partners, investors and life long support for growth and sustainability.
- A chance to win N1,000,000 for your enterprise at the Social Innovators Programme and Awards in 2018.
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:00 midnight GMT +1.
For more Information on how to apply, click here
Image Source: Leap Africa
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.