The African Ministerial Forum on “Youth skills and enterprise in the digital age” will bring together senior policymakers, government administration senior officials, development partners, private sector, representatives of African youth, young entrepreneurs, civil society and experts. They will come together to showcase, share and discuss comprehensive and innovative TVSD/TVET models and programmes aimed at developing the leadership and digital skills of the youth and equip them with the necessary knowledge, tools and know-how to design marketable products and services for creating sustainable enterprises and generate employment.
The Forum Programme Committee is composed of representatives of the African Union Commission’s Department of Human Resource Science and Technology, Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO), Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI), Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA), UNICEF and JP-IK. Please find here below, criteria guiding the Forum Programme Committee when reviewing proposals for presentations during the technical sessions and selecting presentations:
- Title of the presentation
- Role of the presenter in the project
- Region covered by the programme/project
- Alignment to the general theme and sessions
- Explanation concerning what is innovative in the programme
- Relevance in terms of development issue/challenge addressed by the programme
- Alignment to 2030 Global Agenda / Africa’s Agenda 2063 / AUC strategies / national policies and other strategies
- Description of the MEL component of the programme
- Explanation on how the programme’s impact was measured
- Description of the lessons learned and their relevance in terms of informing policy
During every technical session, which lasts 90 minutes, 4 presentations of 15 min each will be made. Proposals for presentations can be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of presentation proposals deadline: 4th September 2017
- Selected applicants notified: 28th September 2017
- Final Presentations due: 8th October 2017
Around 100-120 participants are expected to attend the Forum:
- Government ministers in charge of Education, TVET, youth and employment;
- Representatives of leading international, regional organizations, private sector and civil society (African youth and young entrepreneurs);
- Youth organizations;
- TVET centres;
For more information, click here.
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.