ScaleUp Lab by FATE Foundation is a unique Accelerator Programme aimed at providing targeted support to early-stage, high-potential and growth-driven ventures within Agribusiness, Creatives, Health and Education sectors in the Nigerian economy.
The Accelerator Programme is for Nigerian entrepreneurs in agribusiness at the early stage (2-4 years), looking to scale, expand their market reach and attract potential investors. The programme duration is 6 months and includes a one-week acceleration bootcamp, interactive workshops, consulting sessions, business support services, one-on-one and group mentoring sessions with a team of seasoned faculty members.
- Identify early stage high potential startup entrepreneurs within Agribusiness, Creatives, Health and Education and position them for growth.
- Improve success rate outcomes of high potential, high impact startup businesses in the target sectors.
- Create opportunities for agriculture startups to scale up and impact domestic productivity levels within their respective value chains while also creating jobs and improving livelihoods.
In each sector track, the ScaleUp Lab provides targeted learning, mentoring, business model improvement, access to market and funding support to boost the following areas:
- Refined business model
- Improved product lines
- More efficient operating structures
- Better skilled entrepreneurs and business teams
- Access to market and market expansion
- Access to required funding
- High growth and scale
- Increased revenues and profit margin
Each Sector Track will only select 10 fellows per year. Whether in startup or early stage, your business will benefit from the Scaleup Lab Accelerator Programme by having customized support that meets your needs.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAMME
- Increased capacity to scale and build sustainable Agribusinesses
- Mentoring support provided by Nigerian entrepreneurs and expert Agribusiness professionals and Institutions
- Access to target market
- Increased revenue and profitability potentials
- Improved people and financial management practices
- Access to specialized funding opportunities
Each applicant must be:
- A Nigerian citizen (male or female)
- Between ages 21-35 as at July 31st, 2017
- An entrepreneur operating in the agribusiness sector
- A CAC registered business in startup – early years stage (Only one participant per business will be accepted)
- Available to participate full-time in the one-week bootcamp (between Monday, August 7, 2017 – Friday, August 11, 2017) and all other activities required throughout the duration of the programme.
- Able to cover all personal, transportation or communication costs throughout the duration of the programme.
To apply and for more information, click here.
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.