The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the world’s largest competitions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship. From 1 March 2017 until 1 June 2017, green start-ups from all over the world can submit their promising sustainable business plans to the 11th edition. The winner will receive €500,000 to further develop the product or service, and to bring it to market. The runner-up will receive €200,000. An international jury selects the winner and runner-up.
About The Postcode Lottery
The Dutch Postcode Lottery started the competition in 2007, after being inspired by president Clinton to look for those dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans. Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy.
How The Competition Works
People from all over the world can submit their sustainable business plans at www.greenchallenge.info. Mid-July, the organization will announce the 25 nominees who will have a chance of becoming a finalist. Five finalists will then be selected Mid-August for the final round of the competition, where they will present their business plan in front of a selected audience and an international panel of experts during the grand final in Amsterdam on 14 September. After the decision round the judges will announce the winner of the €500,000 as well as the runner‐up.
Applicants’ sustainable business plans should:
- Have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate
- Be developed enough to execute
- Be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- Preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in the designs
- Be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organization necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service.
- Be 18 years or older
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions
- Fully complete all the questions on the entry form in English
- Be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist to present your idea to the jury (reasonable travel and lodging expenses for one person per finalist will be reimbursed)
Click here to apply
Application deadline: June, 1, 2017
Image Source: Virgin
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.