The World Summit Awards (WSA) Young Innovators is a special recognition for young social entrepreneurs under 30 years of age, using technology to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovators with social impact.
Young citizens of all UN member states are eligible, and WSA Young Innovators is open to entrepreneurs, companys, student groups or project teams where one of the founding members and a majority of the team must be under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1987).
Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as apps, web pages, applications for wearable, kiosk installations, sms based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
PARTICIPATION AND SUBMISSION
- Taking part in the WSA Young Innovators contest is eligible through submission of a project with a clear digital component to the WSA Database here
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Young Innovators Jury
- All information entered in the application form of the WSA Database must be in English
- Main team members of the projects submitted must be under 30 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1987)
- Timeline is the same as the WSA Global.
- A specially assembled Jury will evaluate all entries.
- Invitation to the WSA World Congress
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders from over 178 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops that will aid you in making your project in obtaining global recognition
- A video that highlights your project
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within all WSA editorial channels such as Blogs, Articles and Success Stories
To register, click here.
234Finance is an online hub that promotes African Entrepreneurship. We feature small and medium sized businesses on the platform, shedding light on the current and future developments in diverse sectors across Africa. We also provide free resources, share opportunities and events on our platform that entrepreneurs can benefit from and thrive in Africa’s tough business landscape.